Monday, January 01, 2007

Note to self...

So today I decided to be a " Baker " again..lol. So we were all pretty tired today from the late night lastnight, but yet I still decide to do things that take some if not a lot of effort. So it started off by myself making everyone a large beautiful sunday egg breakfast..which was followed by a very long walk through town in the cold wind/drizzle/overcast skies. We headed home and put two kids to bed then got Kourtney asleep, and then we had some company come over for a little while. Well during my company I decided to make cinnamon buns! So I get all the ingredients and start my dough in my breadmaker, then you know it's a waiting game for it to set then rise then beep at you to tell you it's done. K- so our company leaves, Mike decided that he was gonna get Pizza for supper tonight ( yeah ) ..so as he left all the chaos broke out..every child here was crying/ screaming/yelling at some point. It was loud! Which in turn did not allow me to hear much else in the house. Mike arrived home with the pizza and we got the kids fed, and ourselves and in the meantime Kourtney woke up and fussed again from all the commotion before I think her ears were still ringing. Anyways, then after the kids were finished eating the discussion was " can we have a bath " ? So I said yes..which kept me busy for another 45 minutes or so. K, so I then got all their jammies on and off to bed they went..then I sat down and well...you guessed it! I totally forgot that I had dough in the breadmaker! I had made this dough a few hours ealier..and well it had finished a couple hrs ago and ...it really did RISE..actually looked like a loaf of bread! Have you ever tried to roll out a pile of dough that is as high as a loaf of bread? It wasn't easy let me tell you, but I did it. i was pretty white after with all the flour going everywhere, SO I guess what I am trying to say is maybe I should set a few timers the next time I go to make dough in the breadmachine. Other than that they looked pretty god I placed all the yummy ingredients on the inside of the roll and sliced as directed! Now they are baking away in the oven...smells like one of those yummy candles. i would leave you with a picture but the camera is still down, guess Iwill have to take a pic with the next batch of dough I try. Well Im off to try a bun! Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...Cinnamon Buns and pizza...Yum! I really enjoyed myself today at your house...your kids are great! Kourtney is sooo adorable...just not when I changed her diaper, along with the audience (all the kids) that I had in the bathroom, making sure I was doing it right!..hehe...Thanks